👋 Hey Friends,
Welcome back to the 30-Day Productivity Challenge by the famous YouTuber, former doctor and now writer Ali Abdaal.
Yesterday we put our vision for our year into quarterly goals, which we can break down into weekly and daily goals.
I always felt that structure limits you to your options, but as James C. Maxwell portrays:
“An unintentional life accepts everything and does nothing. An intentional life embraces only the things that will add to the mission of significance."
From this, we see that structuring our life doesn’t just give us freedom, but also the ideal momentum to work on our mission and to succeed at what we want to do.
🤔 How can we structure our lives?
The best way to bring structure into your current day-to-day life is by being intentional about how you spend your time and whom you spend your time with. The basic concept around this is to design an ideal week based on the missions we have found earlier. If we reconsider my five main goals for 2024:
🥇My 2024 goals
- ✏️ Write 1,000 words a day
- 🏃Run a half-marathon
- 📕Read 40 books
- 👨👩👦 Improve connection to elder family members
- ❤️ Go on at least two date nights a month
We have broken these yearly goals up into quarterly goals:
What I am trying to do today is to design a week around these goals that I have set in the past few days. What I have realised is that I can only feel better by truly working on the things that I want to be doing. This means feeling good and true happiness is based on the premise of succeeding at the five goals that I have written down earlier.
What I have additionally noticed within my life and what is highlighted by Ali is that we have to break down our big goals and put them into daily actions. This can be done by creating this concept of an ideal week. I am going to give you an example of my ideal week which is based on the premise of accomplishing my quarterly and yearly goals which all contribute to my life vision:
This is what a school week would look like for me. There are a few things that we can take from this:
- ✅ It is very full. The calendar is very full, but it is filled with the things we want to be doing. I have got precise time blocks for studying for school, having date nights and writing my 1,000 words a day. Although it seems like we have plenty to do, I now have a direction to go every time I feel lost. We therefore get back to the idea of spending more time we the things we want to be doing.
- 👌 It is perfectionistic. This is important. Your ideal week may look very perfectionistic, but this is good in the way that it works as a roadmap that prioritises your most influential goals. What I mean is that you can sit down any time and plan out your next few days and have the ideal week in the background. This isn’t set in stone but rather guides you through your planning.
What we take from this day is that only through active organisation, we can make our seemingly unreachable goals reachable.
If you have enjoyed this episode of FRIDAYS FINDINGS and you don't want to miss out on any future episodes consider subscribing for FREE.
Thanks again and I'll see you soon.
🎟 Want to advertise on Fridays Findings? → Send an E-Mail
Check out some of my social media pages to learn more about math, science and astronomy: